What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Browser cookie control
All recent versions of popular browsers give users a level of control over cookies – for more information visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
No strictly necessary cookies are used by this site
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- __utma – a persistent cookie which remains on a computer, unless it expires or the cookie cache is cleared. It tracks visitors.
- __utmb / __utmc – only valid for the current browser session, these cookies store your arrival time and exit time on the site
- __utmz – cookie lasts for 6 months and details how you found the site
These cookes are set, both by us, and some third parties (for example embedded video players) to provide critical website management data via Google Analytics. You can opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites using this free tool: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- fontSize - a long lasting cookie which remembers your choice of font size
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
None of these cookies are used by this site
Third party cookies
- Share / Like / Follow Buttons – if you are logged into Twitter, Facebook or Google Plus, then they may be setting cookies when you visit this site. You can control this by logging out of those services or seeing if they have options to turn this off
- Google Translate - if you use our translation functionality, Google will set cookies to monitor usage of their service.
- YouTube – embedded YouTube videos will set cookies. Where possible we have used enhanced privacy options which means this only happens when you watch a video.
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we collect, and the ways in which we uses that personal information.
information about your use of this ServiceWe may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the Service
- any other information that you publish on the Service
Anonymous website usage statistics are collected to enable us to review and improve our website.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer this Service
- personalize the Service for you
- enable your access to and use of the Service
- send you marketing communications (when you have opted-in to receive such communications
- send you important announcements & administrative messages
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Personal information and Content that you submit for publication on this Service will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
This website contains links to other websites. We our not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
This website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to this Service or Content provided on this website.
We do not warrant that:
- this Service will constantly be available, or available at all
- the Content on this Service is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading
We will not be liable to you in relation to the Content of this Service:
- for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out herein are reasonable. If you do not think they are responable, you must not use this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this disclaimer.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Service to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us.
We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, we will also terminate a user's account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
The copyright of this Service and it's Content is owned by, or licensed to us.
We grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty free revocable license to view this Service and to copy, store and print from this Service for your own personal and non-commercial use.